Image Map

Monday 3 February 2014

Nutty chocolate protein brownies


Nutty chocolate protein brownies
Makes 6 squares

Ingredients

1/2 cup dates
1/3 cup walnuts (or any mixed nuts of your choice)
2 tbsp rolled oats
1 tbsp raw cacao powder
1 scoop vanilla protein powder (I used sunwarrior raw-warrior blend)
4 tbsp water



Chop the dates and crumble the walnuts into the blender with the oats, water and cacao powder. Blend until the mixture clumps together then add the protein powder and blend again. 

Scoop the mixture into a bowl and bring together with your hands. Put the mixture into a a cling film lined plastic container-I used a shallow lunchbox container-and press down flat. Chill in the fridge for a couple of hours before cutting into squares. 

Finally there's a way I can eat chocolate and not get the dreaded food guilt if I'm on a diet of some sort. These taste so decadent, considering there's no added refined sugar or butter. I put the remaining squares into the freezer, for tasty treats later on in the month. I think these would be great with dried fruit added too. Come to think of it Im not sure why the oats are in there, I just started throwing stuff in from our food cupboard. Professional. 

No comments:

Post a Comment