Image Map

Wednesday 19 February 2014

A Valentines Day Birthday

For this weeks WIAW im sharing my valentines day eats, as it was the husbands birthday too, so extra treats all round. 

For some reason I didn't get any sleep that night, which is weird because I was shattered all evening and the minute my head hit the pillow I was wide awake. Hello grey bags. So I got up at 5am, made some lists (love lists) planned some recipes and had a glass of milk with some oatcakes. I also found this brilliant alternative to valentines day chocolates from Protein Pow. I haven't got time to try these yet but its on the list. 

So I started of the day with a hearty bowl of porridge made with chia seeds, wheat  germ, blueberries and agave nectar. Really needed a healthy start as I knew the day would have a not-so-healthy end to it...



After some running around and buying the ingredients for a birthday cake, I made this....


Salted caramel and chocolate cake....it reminds me of the chocolate cake Mrs Trunchable makes one of her school children eat in Roald Dahl's Matilda, to teach him a lesson in gluttony.....and we were very gluttonous.

One slice of this cake is enough to nearly kill me, death by chocolate! I cant remember what I had for lunch, something tells me I forgot to eat it in the midst of a chocolate related whisk explosion (I used a very old whisking machine, the plate moves as well as the whisk attachments, who knew?!) 


But there were plenty of champers, sweets and nibbles while we sat in the garden listening to music and just chilling out. The inevitable drunkenness ensued while we munched our way through crisps and sweets and then thought it would be a good idea to get mexican food...and it was! It was the best burrito ever with loads of fresh chicken, guacamole, spinach in a delicious wrap and a side order of cheesy nachos with a kick ass sour cream and more guac and salsa.


It was a really good day, but I was more than ready to get back to some more civilised eating and drinking the next day, with lots of green smoothie action to recover! 

No comments:

Post a Comment