Image Map

Sunday 9 February 2014

My favourite post-workout green smoothie

Im always experimenting with different flavours in my smoothies because they're a great way to get nutrients into your body, are easily digestible and taste amazing. 

I often see people at the gym mixing protein powders with water, vigorously shaking them and downing them in seconds. I've never really seen the appeal of this, I prefer to add extra veggies and fruit to my smoothies to make them more interesting. 

My favourite at the moment is simple but tasty.


Post workout green smoothie
Serves 1

Ingredients
1 frozen banana 
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder (I use sunwarrior)
2 handfuls of frozen spinach cubes (or fresh spinach)
1 cup of coconut milk (I used coco-quench but would work well with reduced fat coconut milk)
1 tbs almond butter

Mix everything in a blender. Serve in a tall glass or bowl if using extra toppings. My favourites are my homemade muesli or granola sprinkled on top, or sometimes I like to crumble a chocolate protein ball (recipe to some soon).

No comments:

Post a Comment