Image Map

Sunday 9 February 2014

Carrot Cake Green Smoothie

My all time favourite cake is a carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. I like the spice from the ginger and the sweetness from the carrot and raisins. It cant be too hard to put these flavours into a green smoothie right? The first time I tried this I put way to much ginger in = screwed up face. The second time worked much better. 






Carrot Cake Green Smoothie
Serves 1 

Ingredients
1 small frozen banana
2 handfuls of spinach (I used frozen spinach, its cheaper and still packed with nutrients)
1 large carrot
1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
1/4 of an avocado 
1 tbp almond butter 
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract

Optional toppings
Walnuts
Raisins 
Unsweetened dessicated coconut

I grated the carrot into the blender, added the rest of the ingredients, blitz and glug. 



I sometimes have this is a bowl with walnuts, raisins and sprinkled coconut.Today I had no raisins, so I had to do without!

Im working on a cream cheese "frosting" but no luck yet. Will report back when I succeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment